Wednesday, June 8, 2011

In Like Flynn

Two weeks ago, I applied to become a member of the National Association of Professional Child Photographers or NAPCP.  I filled out the entire application and walked away from the computer, came back, looked it over and walked away again.  I was too nervous to submit it.  Finally, I "manned up" and went for it.  From that day on, I raced home after work to check the mail.  It was the same feeling as anticipating a college acceptance letter.  With much disappointment, I assured myself that it would be there 'tomorrow'.  After checking the mail today and still no letter, I sent an email through the website.  Tonight when I received an email notification, I rushed to the computer to read the following:

"Hi Abby!

Congratulations!  We have reviewed your application and website and would love to extend you an invitation for membership into the National Association of Professional Child Photographers. Upon completion of the registration process, your business name and website will be listed under your State in the NAPCP directory, and you will have access to all of the resources and benefits available only to NAPCP members.

I-CANNOT-BELIEVE-IT!  I am actually pretty proud of myself.  I honestly, honestly did NOT think I would be accepted the first time around.  I was prepared to read, "I'm sorry...".  Nope, not me.  I'm in!  In like Flynn! :) 

I have such an amazing foundation of clients.  The endless support and genuine compliments mean the world to me.  Being recognized in public as "the photographer" is such a wonderful feeling, seeing the looks on a mother's face as she adores her baby's pictures is priceless, and knowing that I have finally found my passion is motivating.  I am one lucky girl, for that I am thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment